SEO for Existing Websites

I am building a new website for someone and they’re concerned that if I make any alterations to their previous website that it would affect how theirs appears in search engines. My question is if it would be better to link the new website with a different URL on their existing one, or if it would be smarter to rebuild it using essentially most of the content that would be triggered as keywords. The layout is quite poor, so I would be rewriting all the code, but a lot of the text would remain mostly the same.

As far as i know SEO happens in the html in regards to semantic elements. So if the tags are places properly with headers, nav, article, sections, footer and so on great, if not i would want to explain that to your client and improve their SEO. Now you could keep html the same while adjusting layout in css if your client is not willing to take your advice. This is a good read for a basic understanding.

Totally get the concern about making alterations to the existing website and its impact on search engine appearance. Here’s my take: If the layout is poor and you’re planning to rewrite the code anyway, it might be smarter to rebuild the website using most of the existing content as keywords. You can revamp the layout while keeping the core text intact. As for optimizing the new website, you can use a site SEO checker to ensure it’s on point. . It’ll help you assess and enhance the website’s SEO performance. Good luck with the rebuild and boosting that search engine visibility!

1 Like

Hello there! It’s great that you’re planning to improve the layout and rewrite the code for the new website. When it comes to preserving search engine visibility, the approach of rebuilding while retaining relevant content can be effective. By identifying the keywords and phrases that currently contribute to their search engine rankings, you can incorporate them strategically into the new website. Additionally, ensure that the website structure is well-optimized for search engines, including proper meta tags, headings, and URL structure. It’s also essential to submit an updated sitemap to search engines for efficient crawling and indexing of the new site.

If you’re interested in understanding the scarcity principle and its impact on economics and life in general, I recommend reading the insightful article on Claspo’s blog at https://claspo.io/blog/what-is-the-scarcity-principle-basic-economic-theory-harsh-reality-of-life/. This resource delves into the basic economic theory behind the scarcity principle and explores how it shapes various aspects of our lives. Understanding scarcity can provide valuable insights into decision-making, resource allocation, and the pursuit of goals. Don’t miss the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of this fundamental concept.

Remember to focus on optimizing both on-page elements (like keyword usage and metadata) and off-page factors (such as backlink building and social signals) for better SEO results.

When creating a new website while ensuring good visibility on search engines, it’s crucial to take a careful and detailed approach. One key step is using 301 redirects, which seamlessly guide old URLs to their corresponding new locations, signaling search engines that the content has permanently moved. To maintain continuity and relevance in the eyes of search engines, it’s advisable to preserve the essence of existing content and keywords while updating the layout and code.

Additionally, a comprehensive strategy involves updating metadata, submitting an updated XML sitemap, and using tools like Google Search Console to communicate the changes effectively to search engines. While it might seem reasonable to link to a different URL on the site, this can confuse users and is generally less effective than 301 redirects. On the other hand, rebuilding with similar content offers a more coherent and SEO-friendly transition.

Regularly monitoring website analytics after the transition is essential to identify and promptly address any unforeseen issues. Transparent communication with the client about the steps to mitigate potential impacts on search engine rankings is fundamental to ensuring a smooth and successful transition. In summary, a well-executed strategy that combines technical SEO best practices with client collaboration will facilitate a seamless transition to a new website.

I came across this post where the author talks about lead generation, which can help you to get what you are looking for.
Thanks

I personally recommend updating the existing website with a new design and improved code, keeping the same URL

In my opinion, linking the new website with a different URL on the existing one could be a good approach to maintain the current site’s search engine rankings while still improving the layout and code. However, if a lot of the content will remain the same, it might also be smart to rebuild it using relevant keywords for better SEO. Just make sure to carefully plan and execute any changes to minimize any potential negative impact on search rankings. By the way, if you’re looking to optimize your website’s SEO, you might want to consider an E-commerce SEO Expert Audit. I recently came across this service on Upwork: https://www.upwork.com/services/product/marketing-enterprise-seo-expert-audit-1750142959489478656

SEO is a very important technology in promoting different digital businesses in today`s world. Many new companies can just exist by its help and attract new visitors to their sites. Btw, I can recommend one very excellent company that can promote your website very quickly SEO Company LA, Complete SEO Services - Octopus Agency