IntelliJ: Is it better to create New Project via Java or JavaFX?

Hi guys,
We have to select the project type when we want to create a New Project in IntelliJ. I noticed that when created a New Project via Java, we are not able to use JavaFX. What is the exact different when making selection when creating New Project, purely depends whether you want to use the JavaFx? If that the case, isn’t it better to always create New Project as JavaFX, since we have the option to use JavaFX later? Is there any way to allowed the use of JavaFX for the exisiting created Java project?

guys, any expert mind to explain and enlighten me? that will be very much appreciated.

Well for me it is normally fairly straight forward. If I do a web or command line then it is Java, if I want to do a GUI with Swing, I need to decide whether the GUI I am going to build will require JavaFX. Defining your project as Java does not preclude you from implementing JavaFX features in future. It merely adds some boilerplates and structures that you can add later on yourself.

JavaFX was intended to replace Swing as the standard GUI library for Java SE, but it has been dropped from new Standard Editions while Swing and AWT remain included, supposedly because JavaFX’s marketshare has been “eroded by the rise of ‘mobile first’ and 'web first applications.” With the release of JDK 11 in 2018.

Find more about them → Hirefullstackdeveloperindia(dot)com,
Mail-> sales@hirefullstackdeveloperindia(dot)com