Beginning Java Troubles

Hey,

Why am I only able to program under Java FX and not Java like at the beginning of the course? Im on windows.

What are you trying to do and what result are you getting? Can you include screenshots if there is a UI that is relevant? Also any error output if that is relevant.

I have this issue as well. I am assuming the OP has resolved their issue and that is why they didn’t reply, but for new people this needs stated and I have not resolved my issue yet.

Upon downloading IntelliJ, there is no option to code in Java. There is a JavaFX, but nothing for java.

So instead, I went through and just selected new project, and then updated the name and set the language (as seen in the second window) to Java. From here I selected the JDK and left the toggled options enabled as I was not explicitly told not to.

Once in I immediately notice several differences between the code on my screen, and the code the trainer is showing on screen. This is resulting in me not having a lot of faith that I set things up correctly.

Considering the fact there are roughly 4 other posts just like this one, I am assuming others feel the same.

So. 2 questions:

1. Can you provide some sort of updated walkthrough for ensuring people new to coding and IntelliJ set everything up correctly. Seems reasonable considering the dated nature of the software in the content, and considering the fundamentals taught in this course are highly rated making it still relevant and desirable.
  2. Given the aforementioned relevance, are there any plans to update the content surrounding the Java course, if so, do we have an ETA on that update?

Things to keep in mind here: How do I get Java generator on IntelliJ instead of Java FX? - #2 by King_Sardius

about new Java Projects and versions, please see this: Var key word in java not working - #12 by King_Sardius