Installation of react and bootstrap for react

in the Mastering React course. installing the correct version of react wasn’t working after following the instructions and a lot of googling still same issue so i decided to get a new laptop to install react properly. i install the latest react version and now I have gotten to the components section and am having issues from the course but i just went the latest version of bootstrap. i am wondering if everything will still working correctly with the course and on the verge of getting another latest react course.
any help on this please?

1 Like

Hi Abraham,

I am learning the course as well. I used to install latest version of bootstrap for the few first sections and it works well for me. But it would be better you should install the corrected version according to the lessons. For some reasons, the bootstrap could changes name of classes and others.

Please let me know if this still not work for you. I will try figure out for you.

If your Laptop can runs default react-app well and should be run well lessons from the course. (I think so). Otherwise you can give a try as creating a simple button with bootstrap class and see how it goes.

Best regards,
Thang

1 Like

Hi ThangTruong,
I really appreciate your honest help and the wiliness to help me solve the issues and having but now I am learning React from Scrimba.com for free i believe its more updated that Mosh’s react course. I will love to see that mosh update his react course because front-end development is always changing and updating so as developer or as aspiring developers we need to be updated with the industry. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Abraham,

I do understand what you mean. Such as a good developer we should code and debug well. It sometime take whole week to find a minor mistake and could be 1 day can complete few tasks. The more trouble we get the more we learn. Success is not a destination. It’s the experience during the journal.

Wishing all the best to your career.

Regards,
Thang

1 Like