I'm new to Python, what should I use as a code editor? Which is the best?

Recently I enrolled in Mosh’s Python course on this website, and I found that Mosh uses Visual Studio Code in the course.

But on the other hand, he uses PyCharm in his free youtube python lecture. - https://youtu.be/_uQrJ0TkZlc

What should I use to write python codes?

I recognized that when I input ‘print’ and press the ‘Enter’ on the PyCharm, it autocompletes parentheses. But when I did the same thing on VS Code, I should press the ‘(’ key after input ‘print’.

Would someone recommend me the best editor for a novice python developer and about reasons?

Thanks!

1 Like

I personally liked Pycharm and I am using it for quiet a bit .
And I dont have any issue…
But the editor you use totally depends on your choice so try both and then use which you like the most…

1 Like

basicly im totally new.

find something adviced is based on experiences of others, so anything you use,
be sure to get to know the benefits and limits, and

try to know the program you use

I would recommend VSC indead of Pycharm or Atom.

The best code editor is Vs Code and the best IDE(Integrated development environment) is Jetbeans Pyharm

Personally, I would prefer Jetbrains Pycharm IDE. It is beginner friendly and free of cost.

+1 for VSC, I’ve used it pretty extensively at work and its clean and fairly intuitive once you get into it.

I recommend Codelobster python editor - CodeLobster - Python Free Portable IDE with support Drupal, Smarty, Twig, WordPress, Joomla, JQuery, CodeIgniter, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, AngularJS, , MeteorJS, BackboneJS, CakePHP, Facebook, Laravel, Symfony, Yii, Node.js