Loving the course and so far I have been able to fix most things that have become outdated. I am now stuck on ‘13 Debugging in VS code’ in The Ultimate React Native Series.
The Debug Console tells me: Established a connection with the Proxy (Packager) to the React Native application
When I run Run and Debug in VS Code it does not stop at the breakpoint. The ‘step over’, ‘step into’ functions remain greyed out and unusable.
I have tried Debug Android, Attach to Packager and added Debug with Expo Client.
All to no avail - has anyone got the answer?
I am using:
Mac Ventura v13.2.1
Node.js v 16.4.0
Same issue for me as well. I can’t add breakpoint and stop there with a simple project.
Debugging in Chrome dev tools as well as VSCode both does not work.
Not working in React Native Debugger as well
Mac Ventura v13.3.1
It sounds like you have set up the debugging environment correctly but the breakpoints are not being hit when you run the app. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Make sure you have saved the file with the breakpoint before running the debugger.
- Check if the breakpoint is in a reachable part of the code. Sometimes breakpoints set in unreachable code will not be hit.
- Verify that the breakpoint symbol in the code editor is a solid red dot. If it is a hollow dot, then the breakpoint is not set correctly.
- Try setting a breakpoint in a different part of your code to see if it works.
- Make sure that the debugger is not paused or blocked in any way. If the VS Code window is not active, the debugger might not work as expected.
- Check if there are any errors in the Debug Console that might indicate a problem with the debugging environment or the app itself.
- Make sure that you have the correct version of React Native and the required dependencies installed.
If none of these steps work, it might be helpful to post your code and the output from the Debug Console to a forum or community for further assistance.