Tutorial references outdated versions causing errors

I am just starting the Angular 4.0 Beginner to Pro course. I really like Mosh and excited about Angular. The problem is that the first section explains how to install Angular and Node. Commands are blowing up - the course references very old version of these products. Is there an updated course?

Here is an example:
Johns-Air:~ johnbarry$ ng new hello-world

? Would you like to add Angular routing? No

? Which stylesheet format would you like to use? CSS

:heavy_check_mark: Packages installed successfully.

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

Nothing to be done.

1 Like

understand your frustration with outdated instructions in the Angular course you’re following. As technology evolves rapidly, it’s common for older courses to become outdated. However, I can help you with the updated instructions to install Angular and Node.js.

To get started with Angular, you’ll need to follow these steps:

Install Node.js: Visit the official Node.js website (nodejs org) and download the latest LTS (Long-Term Support) version for your operating system. Follow the installation instructions provided for your specific platform.

Verify Node.js installation: Open a new terminal or command prompt window and run the following command to verify that Node.js is installed correctly:
node -v

It should display the version number of Node.js installed.
Install the Angular CLI (Command Line Interface): Open the terminal or command prompt window and run the following command:
npm install -g @angular/cli

This command will install the Angular CLI globally on your system.
Verify Angular CLI installation: Run the following command to check if the Angular CLI is installed successfully:
ng version

It should display the version of the Angular CLI installed.

Once you have completed these steps, you should have the latest versions of Node.js and Angular CLI installed on your system. You can then proceed with creating a new Angular project using the updated commands.

For example, to create a new Angular project named “hello-world” without Angular routing and using CSS for stylesheets, you can run the following command:
ng new hello-world --routing=false --style=css

This will create a new Angular project with the specified options.

I hope this helps you get started with Angular. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!