Is this really enough to get started?!

Hello my friends, I wish you good days.

I want to become an application developer after I finish react native. Is it necessary to take the React 18: Intermediate Topics course?

Or is React 18 for Beginners enough?

That’s a great question and i’m on the web dev side, so idk how mobile works with react. But i can say a lot of the topics aren’t particular to web pages or routing, maybe the project would be really useful especially for query logic i assume apps often use apis or some kind of external data handling.

My advice it’d probably be best to take it as mosh does list it on the course pathway for application devs. If you really want to focus on something else like data structures and algorithms that’s also a good use of time. Depends on how motivated you are and your goals.

I ended up getting a lot of my pathway done, more was added like nextjs and i’ve not gone back to learn it. Instead been focusing on learning wordpresss and actually marketing and getting clients for my freelance business, and right now that’s a much better use of my time. On the side i do data structures to keep my learning going but priorities changed. Job market is insane (not only for devs) and I gotta prioritize marketable skills instead of working on learning another framework for 3 months or however long till i feel “good enough” to stand out which i wont cause most businesses only care about years of work completed, amazing stand out projects, or a track record of completing jobs for actual clients.

1 Like

Thanks, this was useful, Since I posted the question. I decided to complete both tracks, because I’m really thinking of working in react before moving to react native to make some money and gain experience in both fields together, do you think it’s easy to get a job in react?

1 Like

Glad it’s useful, it’s definitely useful to have a diverse skillset. I really can’t say depending on where you are, i can just speak for the US job market and it’s pretty tough here for newer developers of any kind. However with some relevant experience it gets a lot easier.

I studied for about a year, looked for a job for a while couldn’t find one, started doing freelancing on up-work had to learn Wordpress and got a couple good paying clients.

Now i’m doing cold calls and outreach started my own business and find clients locally in small businesses that need websites with functionality. Feel free to check out my websiteOptimized webs

Whichever route you decide on you will have to be persistent some people get a job in less than a year some in a few years, luck and hard work play a role. But if it’s something you wanna do nothing can stop you.

1 Like

Hi,
If you’re already comfortable with the basics from the React 18 for Beginners course, you might not need the Intermediate Topics course right away. However, if you want to deepen your knowledge and skills, the intermediate course could be very helpful. It really depends on your comfort level and learning goals!...…

1 Like