Installing python3 Vs code mac

I can’t install python3 on Mac on vs code (exercise 9) as my version of vs code is a little different. How would I open the settings.json window with both default and user setting windows?

I have the same issue. it’s in course Complete Python Mastery (Chapter1 - lesson9). I can open setting.json.
When you go to Code, Preferences, Setting then there’s an icon on top of search bar right next to Run/Play Icon. That’s the icon for Setting.json.
But once I open it, there’s no search bar to search for “code-runner.executorMap”.
Please inform me when you figured it out. Thank you :slight_smile:

Updated: I was able to find default settings in json file. View > Command Palette > Type 'Open Default Settings JSON" > Cntrl + F > then type “code-runner.executorMap”. You should see the “python”: “python -u”, on line 3882.
However, we don’t need to go there. Once you go to Code > Preferences > Settings > Setting.json icon, and a new window opens up, then add comma at the end of last line (will either day true or false), then go to next line and type "code-runner.executorMap” and hit enter when you see this function while you’re typing. Next go and change “python -u” to simply “python3”
Let me know if it worked for you

Thank you. Looks like this may have worked for me.