Coming from React, Svelte Feels like a Therapy

Hey everyone,

I am new here. I was doing react for sometime and recently stumbled upon svelte (it was after reading an article which contrasted the difference between the two)

I was inspired to try svelte that now after close to a month it feels like react was such an overhead.

I am sure, I am not the only one who feels that way.

In everyway svelte feels better.
Speed, productivity, happiness.

I wonder what is stopping people and companies to switch to svelte and svelteKIT now that vercel is backing it?

Also @Mosh, I love your course. when will we see a course on svelte by you?

Artcle that inspired me to try svelte:Now That React is Dead, What’s the Next Big Thing? | by Somnath Singh | Dec, 2022 | JavaScript in Plain English

1 Like

Framework like Reactjs, SolidJs, Nextjs, Svelte, coffee.js comes and go

if you are strong in JS then why so worry?

After launching the course by Mosh Hamedani, he provided us with a form in his YouTube community where we could fill out and let him know which course we are interested in taking next

I am not worried.

I just found react such an overhead, why ain’t we are doing stuff in svelte or svelteKIT

Svelte is on my list! I’ll try to get it to later this year.

5 Likes

just because something is better than something else, it does not mean everyone will immediately start using it.

There are many projects using React and probably will continue to use it.

It takes certain amount of time for a technology to grow and adapt into tech ecosystem.

If Svelte is good then hopefully we will see a ecosystem around it which can attract more users and clients.
Let’s see…

1 Like

Do you plan teaching Nextjs 13.4 with app directory?

My company had a rogue cowboy developer (aka “John Smith”) who insisted on the team using Svelte, mainly because it was what he’d invested time in himself and it made his own job easier. It resulted in 11 months of virtually nothing getting done (not only due to Svelte, of course, but it was a contributing factor due to lack of team expertise). When I was brought in to replace him, I immediately migrated the team over to Angular; it took just 4 weeks to get them back on track and hitting milestones again.

To put things in perspective, here’s a list of jobs returned by Seek in Mosh’s home town of Melbourne, as of this morning:

React: 402 positions
Angular: 1,196 positions
Svelte: 1 position

If that’s how bad it is from an employee’s perspective then imagine how difficult it must be for companies that are invested in Svelte trying to hire new staff. Literally every new staff member has to be trained in it from the ground up.

Just go with your instincts, these frameworks are intended to make the job easier for us but instead it’s literally doing the opposite because we’re getting more frameworks day by day and it’s getting hard for developers (especially beginners) to choose one but, as @AzharUddinSheikh said if you focus on mastering JS instead of these frameworks (talking in general not giving you advices) then it shouldn’t be that much concern to you to leave one and migrate to a new one. In my opinion you should just see which one satisfies you more in terms of everything. All of them have some pros and cons and you cannot find the perfect one. To be honest I don’t really know next year this time how many frameworks are we going to have but after all I hope the choosing part gets easier and unfortunately we’re going in the path that most CEOs expect you to be a master in all of them. After all “just go with whatever you like” don’t care about the articles and etc. The article writers are just sharing their own perspective and it could be totally wrong in your view, the destination is the same they all do the same job but the path varies from one framework to another. And yes someday we wont see any React (or Svelte or etc doesn’t matter) projects anymore as right now so many libraries are ditching even TypeScript.

1 Like

My team is building in svelte. I need to learn svelte. Does anyone recommend a course out there, Mosh doesn’t seem to offer it. Thank you.