Using the integrated terminal in VS code

In lesson 6, at 1:29, Mosh hits the return (enter) key and opens the .vscode folder that has a settings file. I followed as Mosh did. However, no such folder or file was created for me. Please advise.

The same thing happened to me as well.

In lesson 6 - ‘Using the integrated terminal in VS code’, after pasting the interpreter path and appending '/bin/python", extra directory .vscode was not created. VS code also does not automatically activate the virtual environment for this project

Please guide how to resolve this.

Did you find the solution. I was able to get it corrected. If you need it let me know in here and Ill send you my solution.

1 Like

Hello, I have the same problem. If you know the solution please inform me.

Thank you in advance!

Please explain. I’m facing the same issue.TIA

Hi Daniel, Kindly share the solution. I am also not able to get the file

I need it please,I’m also facing the same problem

any answers for this? I am having the same issue

what operating system are you using?
if you are using windows, it is not /bin/python what you need to append.
but something with /scripts/python. or similar.

if you have the newest version of vs-code normally it already shows you the final path when you have to select the python interpreter and you dont have to append anything anymore.

once you have selected the correct interpreter, normally, the virtual environment should start.
however, i noticed that for me, sometimes, the virtual environment did not start automatically and i always needed to type

pipenv shell

manually (to start the virtual environment), before i could start the server …

cheers

Solution: How to Run Django on Visual Studio Code Using the Integrated Terminal -Using the Integrated Terminal in VSCode to run Django App | by Abdullah Sohail | Jun, 2023 | Medium