Rookie stuck at Live Server browser error

Hi! I am a new student! I need your help. I was stuck at launching my HTML document error in my chrome browser. I installed the VS code correctly and the Live Server extension. Every time I launch an HTML document it says like this

Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8080
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1146:16)

I hope you can help me with this. I tried searching on google and youtube already before I asked this query. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

After installing an extension you often have to restart VSCode. Did you do that? Maybe restart your computer.

The error talks about port 8080 while live server uses port 5500 (see browser) so that’s strange.

What if you enter http://127.0.0.1:5500/test.vscode/html/in.html in your browser?

1 Like

Yes sir, I am pretty sure I reloaded my vs code after the installation process of the live server. I already tried to change my port to 8080 and vice versa but still, the same error. Your suggested URL makes sense so I’ve tried it, but sadly same error occurred. Thank you sir! I appreciated your effort in answering my problem, I think I will not use the live server extension for my coding journey :frowning: It stuck me for over 3 days. Again, salamat :slight_smile: !

hello bro…i am also facing same problem on my vs code during live server tell me how to fix this because i am unable to fix this and i have already watch many video on youtube…please help me .