Normalize.css use?

Hi,
I inspected many websites, Html, and CSS codes and I didn’t see they use normalize.css.
I would like to know does still normalize.css used on webpages? I was thinking maybe Mosh video is outdated and nowadays something else use instead of normalize.css.

Thank You

I didn’t know it exists and I guess many does not know either.
I went to the official page and it talks about CSS Resets which is also a thing I did not hear about. That said the concept is easy to pick. This is just replacing the default CSS provided by browser to uniformise the display.

From what I could read on Stackoverflow, it seems that this practice could be disappearing as browser default style uniformizes.

1 Like

Hi,

CSS normalization and resets are more of methodologies, rather that a requirement. Like @UniqueNospaceShort mentioned, their purpose is to try to standardize a webpage or site across various browser’s. Each browser uses a user agent stylesheet, which sets some default styling for documents in their browser. Since there are many different browser vendors, each has their own idea of what the styles should be.

So which do you need to use? Depends on what browsers your project needs to support. It is also worth mentioning that there are versions of normalized and resets. Below are some links to other methods, if you want to read about them.

Using a normalized stylesheet is still very common. You can name this file whatever you want, and edit it (it is just a stylesheet). A lot of company’s will probably choose to make their own for projects, and edit it for their needs, so it might not be called normalized.css or even be exactly the same file. For now you should just know some of the most common types of ways to reset or normalize your css. If you work for a company later on then this might be selected for you.

1 Like

Hey, It was so helpful answer.
Thank You