Master Git Course Terminal Theme used

Hello,
I would like to know the theme, add-on or the color schemes that Mosh used when recording Mastering Git video course.

Could anyone tell me?
Thank you so much.

1 Like

He uses something similar to Powerlevel10k, which is a theme for Zsh. I love the themes that Mosh uses! :eyeglasses: :grinning: :sparkling_heart:

UPDATE: He mentions in The Ultimate Git Course, “Browsing History (44m)” section, part “10- Finding Bugs Using Bisect” (54 seconds into the video) that “your terminal window might look different from what we have here because I’m on Mac and I have Zsh with Git Plug-in installed.”

1 Like

How could we install this Zsh on Windows ?
And is there any picture to show us how it will be look like in Windows 10 ?

1 Like

I use both Mac and Windows. However, I’ve never done it for Windows.

Out of curiosity, I started searching around to see who’s done it. There are several people who have installed it by first installing the Windows Subsystem for Linux; installing a Linux distro and terminal; installing oh-my-zsh; And, finally installing several plugins and configuring zsh with Powerlevel10k.

1 Like

I tried these steps before and i didn’t get a proper result, but thanks for the response :heart:

1 Like

Hi @A100D-JS, I was watching Mosh’s Git course and noticed that he recommended using Posh Git for Windows. Have you tried it? Were you able to find another solution?

Source: The Ultimate Git Course, “Branching” section, part 4 “working with branches”, at 0:38 seconds into the video.

1 Like

Hi,
I think so, but i don’t know which resource i should use to get a proper result. :disappointed:

1 Like

If you’re on a Mac this zsh Powerlevel10k YouTube video gets iTerm2 pretty close to Mosh’s, but it’s not quite identical (or I simply haven’t found the proper setting). Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you, but i’m using windows

Finally i was able to fix a lot of issue to get this result. :tired_face:

These 3 links was very helpful :

https://github.com/JanDeDobbeleer/oh-my-posh

2 Likes

For anyone interested, I managed to get it close enough - I have uploaded my iTerm theme, fonts and powerlevel10k setup to Github: https://github.com/magicdude4eva/dotfiles

1 Like

Terminal like Mosh in Windows tutorial

Hi guys, I have been researching for about a week and got 90% close to Mosh’s terminal. The tutorial is here.

I struggled for two days straight to find an answer to the question…
Here’s the end result :slight_smile:

And this is on windows btw, did it with enabling linux subsystem and all

Hi there,

I can’t install posh-git or oh-my-posh, I get the same error.

PS C:\Users\User> Install-Module oh-my-posh -Scope CurrentUser Untrusted repository repository, change its InstallationPolicy value by running the Set-PSRepository
cmdlet. Are you sure you want to install the modules from ‘PSGallery’?
(default is “N”):a
PackageManagement\Install-Package : Could not find a part of the path
‘C:\Users\User\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\oh-my-posh\7.85.2’.
At C:\Program
Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\2.2.2\PSModule.psm1:9683 char:34

• … talledPackages = PackageManagement\Install-Package @PSBoundParameters
  •                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (Microsoft.Power…InstallPackage:In
      stallPackage) [Install-Package], Exception
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException,Microsoft.Powe
      rShell.Commands.CopyItemCommand,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlet
      s.InstallPackage

getting same error can any one suggest any solution?

1 Like