Javascript course

Hello,

Will the javascript mastery course make me a good javascript developer?
If I look through the course I dont see asynchronis javascript…
Is this not important in javascript?

Hi, Patrick (@pamabo76),
His course has helped me become a great JavaScript developer. However, before you dive in… I suggest trying out Mosh’s free JavaScript Tutorial for Beginners. Before you check that out, try his recently released, and also free, HTML Tutorial for Beginners. They’re tutorials, not the full course, but they’ll give you an idea of his teaching style.

I wish you the best,

Chris

1 Like

Thx @ChrisUribe

Thx for the reply.
I have started with his javascript course but i was asking this question because most courses spent between 20 and 40 hours to explain javascript and the both parts of Mosh are in total around 10 hours.
A huge difference.
But it would be great if he also shows the DOM and how to manipulate data.
But I like his teaching style
I just want to get a job so I really want to be sure I know everything about javascript that I need to know.
But I think if you hear you become one then Im convinc
Thx Chris

1 Like

"The Complete Node.Js Course" will set you on your path to being a “good Javascript developer”. It focuses on building a back-end HTTP API server, and dives into asynchronous code with a dedicated 1 hour section. It also covers MongoDb document databases, ExpressJs web servers and writing Unit and Integration tests for your server APIs.

If you don’t know any Javascript, you might want to take “The Ultimate Javascript Mastery Series” beforehand.

If you want to learn even more Javascript (ES6) and master front-end programming for the web, you should check out “Mastering React”.

Finally, try your hand at creating mobile apps with Javascript and the React framework with the “The Ultimate React Native Series” course. This is probably Mosh’s latest Javascript course as of the time of this post. It builds on everything you’ve learned in the previous Javascript courses.

If you’re not a “good Javascript developer” after finishing that path of courses, I’m afraid you might never be… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Patrick (@pamabo76),

If you want experience manipulating the DOM with JavaScript, I’d also recommend signing up for Wes Bos’s JavaScript 30 challenge. It’s another free resource.

As for learning everything about JavaScript. I would say that I know my way around. However, I’m always learning. Make sure to build a portfolio to show what you can do. Apply to jobs and talk to recruiters to see what they’re looking for. Always remember to spend time becoming a more desirable candidate by leveling up with new skills.

Also, create a LinkedIn profile and start building a network. I found my first job through a friend. In fact, I would be happy to add anyone on here that is taking or has completed one of Mosh’s courses. My name is Chris Uribe on LinkedIn. Just make sure to send me a message letting me know that you found me through a post on Mosh’s forum.

Mosh’s forums and StackOverflow are great places to ask questions or get advice. I hope you all come back and keep asking questions. We’re all on this journey together.

Very Kindly,

Chris

4 Likes

I cant add a message…sent you an invitation

Added. :slight_smile:

Yes. You should start with the basic javascript course otherwise you may not catch up the part II. The class concept is a bit deep. Some people who can write React or Node still don’t know how class work. If you want to be an good javascript developer in the long run. His two series of JS courses are a must. It helps you in the long run to fully understand how React/Angular works under the hood. So you don’t need to rely on dead-hard memorization to code.

To sum up, you need to finish JS, React, Angular and his Node to be a good Javascript developer. “Good” doesn’t mean “experienced” or “excellent”, but it will pave the road for you to become one. Now you have the sword and skills, you need some battles to be a real hero.

1 Like

thx fot your replies. Great advice.

But I have another extra question…

What about learning js and python at the same time?

The syntax is not that different like I see…

It’s a bit different but overall its almost identical.

I would not do that.

Choose javascript or python and after the course get more experienced. Maybe in 6 months time you can learn the other one.

But first make a good choice. Why learn javascript? Why learn python? What are your goals?

Exactly, stay with 1 first. Be sure that you are ready and feel comfortable to take part in real-world work projects (employment ready I mean) before moving onto a second language. Learning Angular and React and being excel at it will keep you busy for quite some time.

You need to get a programming brain first. It’s not advisable to learn 2 at the same time. Be good at 1 and the second will come easy. Learning a language is not just about learning its syntax, but its logic and interface (how it is conventionally implemented to solve a problem, tho you can be creative, be thoughtful of your colleagues).

Hello,
i’m happy to be part of Mosh’s world :wink:
The method for lenght of an array isn’t working inside a function.
That’s in Ultimate JS part 1,Chapter -Arrays ,Exercise-4.
It’s probably the browser engine issue, but not working for me.
Round it when use a preset variable from outside.

can you paste the code here

Sure,
const numbers = [-10,-9,-8,-7,-6,-5,-4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10];
const numberLenght = numbers.length; // array.lenght doesn’t work inside the function
// ,so better to be determined outside…

const output = move(numbers,8,-4);

console.log(output);

function move (array,index,offset) {
const internalArray = […array]; //<== Coping the array in the best way

if ((index+offset < 0) || (index+offset > numberLenght)) console.error('Invalid offset!');
// let moveNum = array[index];

let moveNum = internalArray.splice((index),1)[0];

internalArray.splice((offset + index),0,moveNum);

return internalArray;

}

It has been something wrong with my code as I just try the next and it was all right…

sorry about wasting time…

const numbers = [-10,-9,-8,-7,-6,-5,-4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10];
const output = move(numbers,8,22);
console.log(output);
function move (array,index,offset) {
const internalArray = […array];
if ((index+offset < 0) || (index+offset > numbers.length)) console.error(‘Invalid offset!’);
console.log(numbers.length)
let moveNum = internalArray.splice((index),1)[0];
internalArray.splice((offset + index),0,moveNum);
return internalArray;
}

[
-10, -9, -8, -7, -2, -6, -5,
-4, -3, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3,
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
]

either the … is wrong with other type of . or you are missing a }, fine on myside

yeap,it’s ok .I just been confused.

Learning the part 2 of the JavaScript also helps you to learn Java too, A lot of bank use Java to develop. A lot of the concepts are similar if not the same. That’s why it is very important that you have a deep understanding on your first language, how it works, and not just syntax on the surface.