I'm new to python and Django - syntax error help please

I just started the new Django Pt1 course and still trying to set everything up, typed in everything as Mosh said to the terminal (i.e. like so: python manage.py startapp playground) to create a new app but I’m getting an invalid syntax error saying: File “manage.py”, line 17
) from exc
^
I didn’t do anything to the manage.py file so I have no idea what is happening? Heeeelp! Thank you.

I may have found the problem : Import “django.core.management” could not be resolved from sourcePylancereportMissingModuleSource
but I don’t know how to solve this problem…

did u install django globally or on a virtual environment? if so did u activate the virtual environment?

1 Like

Virtual. I have done this: storefront % pipenv shell

Shell for /Users/ewa/.local/share/virtualenvs/storefront-I5Re_dFz already activated.

So, I don’t understand what I’ve done wrong?

1 Like

And, thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

well if your on windows I actually use the cmd because I cant manage to run commands through the vs code terminal but I dont know what could it be

1 Like

It’s because you are running: python manage.py start app x, not python3 manage.py start app x. That’s what has worked for myself, changing the “python” syntax to your newest version of Python, in this case you’d type in “python3”.