How to open the zip file

I try opening the zip file for the first exercise in part 2 of the html series but it open as a bug. Could anyone please help me.

What do you mean by “open as a bug”? Do you see an error message? Can you provide a screenshot?

It didn’t show anything. Nothing was in it.

Works fine here. Try do download it again. If that doesn’t help, provide a full screenshot so we can see what your problem might be.

1 Like

I have a windows laptop. Should I download it on my phone or the laptop. Secondly do I need to have spacial application to open zip file.

I’d prefer a laptop over a phone for web development :grinning:

All still supported windows versions should be able to open the zip with a simple double click. Or try right click, Open With, Explorer in case any dubios software is registered as the default program for zip files.

1 Like

This is the space shot when I tried to open it.

You can’t open a zip in VS Code. Simply double click the zip in explorer and it will look like any other folder on your system. Then pick the files you want and copy them to your workspace.

Ignore the __MACOSX-Folder. It contains meta data for Mac systems. The files and folders you want are parallel to the MACOS folder.

BTW: You don’t need a camera for screenshots. Alt-PrntScr will take a complete screenshot, with Win-Shift-S you can select a screen area to copy.

1 Like

Thanks sam. I have try my level best to figure out the exercise but can’t find my way out. Any help with be appreciated. I just get into this. Now I’m stuck :expressionless: :neutral_face: can’t find my way out.

step 1: download zip file

step2 : go into your downloads folder and unzip the downloaded zip file by right clicking it and select ‘Extract All…’

step3: select a location on your machine to extract the files to and click ‘Extract’

step4: navigate to your choosen location and see the files there

1 Like

Zip files may refuse to open if they are not properly downloaded. Also, incomplete downloads occur when files get stuck due to issues like bad internet connection, inconsistency in network connection, all of which can cause transfer errors, affect your Zip files, and make them unable to open.

Hi @Alfred…I hope you are doing well. First, install the ZIP software on your PC. here is my recommendation bandizip and follow the steps, which is recommended by @lucidlear.