Downloading react-native debugger app

Please I’m having issues downloading the react-native debugger app.

I had difficulty with that, too. On my Macbook Air, the initial problem had to do with the way Homebrew (“brew”) was working. After I got that fixed, I was able to download the debugger and run it.

What platform are you on, and can you be more specific regarding the problem you’re experiencing? I’ll try to help if you’re on a Mac. If you’re on a Windows machine, I don’t have the experience to provide assistance.

Mine is on a windows machine. Whenever I click on the application on system it just shows the “Installing” icon but doesn’t open the application itself

Sorry, I can’t help with that. Maybe another student will jump in to help.

Which debugger are you installing please? Are you talking about Chrome add on? It looks a bit different that’s all.
Bless you

I’m referring to this one: GitHub - jhen0409/react-native-debugger: The standalone app based on official debugger of React Native, and includes React Inspector / Redux DevTools

It has much more capability when working with RN vs. the Chrome extension.

probably a dumb question but your downloading the .exe file? I had to go into downloads in my file explorer and move it somewhere, then create a shortcut. and this was after the millions of alerts saying the file could contain a virus and/or harm my computer