Django - Customizing the admin error

Hello. Im currently having difficulties at the Django project by Mosh. This happens when i try to add another Genre or a movie. Every coding is correct. I cant go forward without understanding the problem, can someone help me please?

4 Likes

I’m also having this problem and the only information I’ve got is that there is too much concurrency for SQLite.

Hi LiquidSmoke :grin:

I don’t want to sound like these StackOverFlow guys, but this issue has already been solved. I’ll just copy the text here on what you have to do but first I’ll introduce the problem.

Your Django version is currently not supporting a newer SQLlite database that’s the reason why you have this error. Simply follow the instructions provided from shumpherys!

Solution: upgrade to latest Django version (at least 3.1.2)
Steps to fix:
I stopped the django webserver running, Ctrl-C
I kept my vidly app project as is according to Chapter 12.1-12.9.
I deleted the db.sqlite3
I uninstalled Django 2.1 → pip uninstall django
I installed latest version of Django with “pip install django” which installed version 3.1.2 → pip install django
Issued “python manage.py makemigrations”
Issued “python manage.py migrate”
Created a superuser with “python manage.py createsuperuser”
Issued “python manage.py runserver”
Navigated to http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/

Now your problem should be solved!

1 Like

@kimono-k do you have to db.sqlite3 fully or just move to the trash bin

Thanks

I had the same problem and was happy for find the solution here.
It’s time the page on the course was updated to warn us newbies about this gotcha…

1 Like

I have the same problem but when I try to solve the problem in this way I get this error:

django.template.library.InvalidTemplateLibrary: Invalid template library specified. ImportError raised when trying to load ‘django.contrib.admin.templatetags.admin_static’: cannot import name ‘RemovedInDjango30Warning’ from ‘django.utils.deprecation’