Dissatisfied with the The Complete ASP.NET MVC 5 Course

I bought into this course with the idea that Mosh would be using up-to-date course material. Instead, he’s using VS 2013 and NOTHING is matching up to my VS 2022 which is available in the modern world.

This was advertised as a “beginner’s class”, and one would assume that the instructor would be using the current software instead of something ten years old and older and then expect us beginners to just accept it.

Sorry, I want my money back, and until he starts using software from THIS decade.

2 Likes

Hi,

I completed the course. I’ve been there. I can understand you PoV but I went through it no matter what.

If I remember well I had to fiddle around to add Identity to the project. Now getting me that trouble also helped me learn new things.

Cheers.

1 Like

It’s a beginner’s class with NO instruction on how to “fiddle around” to make things work.

That would be great for someone who is working on their intermediate or advanced skills, but for someone just opening up the box for the first time only to find that the tools he’s being taught on are no longer available – then there is a problem with the course here.

It should be taken off the market and updated to use the available tools from THIS decade.

1 Like

I think this is one of the reasons being able to request a refund is extremely valuable. Not every course is useful for every student. Just ask for a refund if you are not satisfied.

I’ve made three requests for a refund over the past week. It’s fallen on deaf ears. I’ll give it to the end of the week, and I will just reverse the charge with my bank.

This wouldn’t be an issue if the courses were kept up to date.

How are you requesting the refund? On the forum? You need to reach out to support.

Agreed. The class is .net 4.8 framework and .net 6 is the current. The routes are completely different, VS 2022 is different. This should be clearly highlighted in the description. I found the course useful when working on old MVC apps. But building anything new, I had to install an old version of VS.

Agreed! Mosh jumps around waaaay too much for a ‘beginners’ coarse… Additionally he passed up on adding authentication to the ‘Vidly’ project early on and then he’s referencing it’s ‘Identitymodels’ later? These were never added in the course… very poor

Hi,
I can understand the point but just to tell how it looks on pro world.
I worked on project that are older than .NET 4.8. The current is using 4.7.2.
You can tell those lessons are still relevant untill year 2027 and probably even 2035+ at the pace it goes.

You can check by yourselves.

.NET Framework courses are still relevant even though it becomes more and more difficult to start a new one because they tend to hide the .NET Framework templates more and more (which makes sense when you want to get rid of old technology).

Cheers.