Changing browser to look normal while still using high contrast options in Windows 11

Hi all, a few years ago I went through an experience that gave me heightened photosensitivity. In order to use a computer for extended periods I need to change the visual settings of my OS to high contrast. Luckily Windows 11 makes this really easy, I can make custom settings in settings>accessibility>contrast themes.

However, this is a problem because it changes how my browser looks. If I’m working on a website, then in order to see what the user sees I have to turn it off. It’s not the end of the world, I can do it, but if there’s a trick to keep my Windows settings the same while reverting Chrome to it’s normal state, I’d like to know.

Thank you.

Hello Aerdellosi

You can try this and see how the results work for you. Type chrome://flags/ into chrome’s
search bar. This should take you to a experimental features page. You can search that page for forced colors and set it to disabled. You will be prompted to restart chrome. The browser window and toolbar will still be in high contrast, but the page should display without high contrast.

Let me know how it goes. I just came across this not long ago and I am interested in some feedback from someone that uses this feature.

Thanks

Thank you! This solution worked exactly as you predicted.

How common is it for a feature like this to compromise browser security? That’s the warning chrome://flags gives, but is it legit?

Edit: This solution only works for some websites, actually. It works for this one, but the standard google.com website and other related websites still appear with the high contrast theme. Most importantly it doesn’t seem to work with live server.

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry it didn’t work out like you needed. I’ve looked around but do not seem to be able to find a good solution, other than what I already suggested.

I’ll look around some more and comment on it if I find a better workaround