Terminal feedback errors

Hi everyone! just starting out on python like many of you, i have more experience with pycharm than visual studio. so my question is, why am i getting this error:

app.py : The term ‘app.py’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the
spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• app.py
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (app.py:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

when trying to speak to the terminal, i tried rewatching how mosh does it but i am using windows not a mac and he doesnt get into detail about it he just says its supposed to work automatically. is there a setting i need to change? im also typing these things into visual code:

PS C:\Visual Code files> python

PS C:\Visual Code files> $python
PS C:\Visual Code files> app.py

You should type only

pyhon app.py

In the same directory as app.py. Do not pre-fix a $-sign.

1 Like

Thanks for the response!

When I type that which I have tried as well, it gives me another odd response:

Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution Aliases.

I have python downloaded via website. However when i go to the webstore it does show I do not have python downloaded both are current update files as well.