Problem with Terminal on VScode

hi,
trying to write code on terminal in VScode and receiving message:
The term ‘HelloWorld’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
since I’m an absolute beginner in this coulde someone help me
Thx

Hi,
It is pretty unclear what you are trying to achieve. Could you provide a bit more context?
What technologies are involved?
From what you state, it looks like HelloWorld is at the beginning of your command line.
Could you please provide the actual line you’re typing and maybe a screenshot too?
Best Regards.

hi,
I attached picture how it looks on screen. when try typing getting this message
BR
Ermin

čet, 28. tra 2022. u 17:34 UniqueNospaceShort via Code with Mosh Forum <notifications@codewithmosh.discoursemail.com> napisao je:

The command is just python app.py. The “HelloWorld” and “$” are part of Mosh’s prompt as are “HelloWorld” and “>” in yours.

I am also getting this message and I am a complete novice. I have re-read your solution many times and I don’t understand it. I am stuck and feel like giving up. What exactly do I need to do to get rid of the error message.

Just type python app.py and press enter. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

Hi,
just type:
HelloWorld python 3 app.py
pay attention to write exact name of file (in my case HelloWorld)

Like Sam said, just type python app.py, not HelloWorld python app.py. Having someone (@bily071) give the wrong reply, when there is already a solution (@SAM) only adds to the confusion.