New to coding and struggling with remembering the stuff I learn

Hey guys,
I’m pretty new to python and coding in general, tho I have a very little background on coding. anyways, I’ve enrolled in the python course and I’ve completed almost 50% of it but I feel like I still don’t know how to use what I’ve learnt. I can’t solve alot of the exercises at the end of the sections. any tips or things I should do to maybe understand things better or how to apply it?
Thank you for your time.

Hey @GoroBRando, Welcome to the forum.

I was in a similar boat as you. What helped me was understanding that not every detail needs to be remembered upfront. Just the high level concepts at first then once you have a project then it will be cemented better. Also practice, practice, practice!

Is there a particular topic that you are having issues with? Let me know and we can work together.

Georgio

1 Like

Thanks!
There isnt a particular topic, it’s just that I feel overwhelmed cause I can’t remember what I learnt. also, what projects do you recommend for a beginner such as me?
I’m still at the very start but alot of ppl told me to start creating small projects but I’m having a problem with it, I don’t know what to do.

I hear you, Take it one step at a time (Small chunks).

If you are interested we can work through the “Fizz Buzz” example. It’s strait forward and covers Variables, For loop, and Flow control(If statement).

Practice:
Print every number from 1 to 100 (both included) on a new line. Numbers which are multiple of 3, print “Fizz” instead of a number. For the numbers which are multiples of 5, print “Buzz” instead of a number. For the number which is multiple of both 3 and 5, print “FizzBuzz” instead of numbers.

Post back with any questions or your answer.