MongoDB installation course is OUTDATED

Dear Mosh, for god sake please update the course, I am just not getting the way to install mongodb and connect the same.

This is the course about installing and connecting on MAC

1 Like

just watch youtube video how install it and go ahead its the same

If it was that simple, then why did bought a course from mosh

And i tried doing the same for installation and once i tried connecting to localhost it didn’t work and thats where i am stuck

1 Like

i could help you contact me in this mail
khiterab31@gmail.com

For a paid course, one should get up to date lectures. These are from 2018 and a lot has changed since then.

Mosh clearly states that this course would remain up to date when he advertises on YouTube and this is clearly not the case.

1 Like

true, he should at least post it on his youtube channel

1 Like

I installed and uninstalled for almost ten times , because I think something wrong , but not . Everything is right.

I did it like this:

step1: install homebrew . Just copy the code from brew.sh and paste to terminal, like Mosh said.

step2: install mongodb. Check the document, very easy.(docs.mongodb.com)
brew tap mongodb/brew
brew install mongodb-community

step3: install mongodb compass. like Mosh said, download according to your OS, and next, next, OK.
All right.

const mongoose = require(‘mongoose’);

mongoose.connect(‘mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/playground’,{useUnifiedTopology:true, useNewUrlParser: true})

.then(() => console.log(‘Connected to MongoDB…’))

.catch(err=> console.error(‘Could not connect to MongoDB…’, err));

Use as above instead of Mosh code from movie. This will connect you.

u people dont have time to write correct code and bitch about mosh here. which college has $100 fee???
mosh is explaining everything so nice and related to real world.
do you want professors who fuck u up daily on assignments when u missed unecessary semicolon in javacsript!!

not telling you stan but these other people over here