Job based on data on a website

Hello Guys,

I put this in JavaScript Category, but actually I am not sure if the key Solution is in JavaScript.
My Idea is : I need to create a job or small App to help me to buy FC Bayern Tickets if someone put his Ticket for sale.

So this is the main page, firstly I will make a Static Code for one Match(For Example Bayern against Dortmund).

Note that we cannot count on Match URL, because it does not have ID or something, that’s why I put the first screenshot.

The Idea is simply to get the Count of Rows in this Page and if it is not Zero I’ll be informed by E-Mail or any other Method(Someone decided to sell his Ticket) to insure, that I will be the first one who saw this and to get a Chance to buy this.

I know a bit of JavaScript, but I am not Professional, so I need only a Keyword or something to start with I’m trying to pick up the thread because I don’t know where to start.

Thank you.

Let me restate your objective so I can be clear I understand what your goal is.

If a seat becomes available on this website, you want to be alerted so you can purchase the ticket?

If this is correct… you have 3 options that I know of, and I can not offer much assistance on 2 of them, and it is possible that the 3rd does not exist…

Option 1. (The best option)

Find out if this ticketing service offers an API that you can query data from. If it has an api you can write a script that will query the database on some intervalto check for available seats and then configure an alert to you through email or push notification.

Option 2. ( Something that exists but I know little about )

If the ticketing service does not offer an API, you can scrape the data from the site and then configure your notification. Scraping is something I can not advise on the implementation of, just that it is a technology that exists.

Option 3 ( Machine Learning… )

Probably far out of the scope of your goals, but if you happen to have someone proficient in machine learning… maybe they can be of assistance. =)

Anyways, hope this helps. If they do offer an API, please repost as this would be a pretty cool project that you could spin up with react.js

Hello dear,

Thank you for your Answer :slight_smile:
Yes, exactly, you understood the object target rightly.

Actually there is not APIs for this website.

Option 2. ( Something that exists but I know little about ) If the ticketing service does not offer an API, you can scrape the data from the site and then configure your notification. Scraping is something I can not advise on the implementation of, just that it is a technology that exists.

What should I know to do this? Honestly I watched the first two courses here of Java script, I will repeat them and what skills would I need to make this?

If they do not offer an API you can look for 3rd party apis that might get ticketing information from them, or you can look into web scraping. Web scraping is a method of extracting data from html document when you visit the site. I am not a good source for information on this, but a google search will tell you more than what I can in very short time.