How to do an ERP for a small business?

What do you think is the correct path for creating an ERP?? So far I am thinking about Python as the programming language, django as front end and MySQL as database… does that make sense or anyone has a better idea… thanks for sharing

Hello, this is Gulshan Negi.
Well, choosing the right technology stack is an important part of building an ERP system, but it’s just one aspect of the overall design and development process. Python, Django, and MySQL are reasonable choices for building an ERP system, but other technologies and frameworks could also be used depending on your specific needs and preferences. Ultimately, the success of your ERP system will depend on careful planning, good design, and effective development and testing. It can be helpful to do research and consult with experienced developers to ensure that your ERP system is built to a high standard and meets your business needs.
Thanks

1 Like

Your ERP project considerations are thoughtful. I’ve had experience with Python and Django, and they do offer a robust foundation. MySQL is a reliable choice, too. While Flask is a lighter alternative, it might suit specific project needs. Regarding human resources, remember to help your employees with upskilling ( you can check out hrdf claimable courses). Take some time to evaluate based on scalability and your particular requirements. Best of luck with your ERP journey!

I think that before diving in, it’s important to carefully plan your ERP system’s requirements and design. Consider factors such as scalability, security, and integration with existing systems. You might also want to explore other technologies and frameworks to see if they better suit your needs.
If you’re looking for a more comprehensive ERP solution without the need to build it from scratch, you might consider Acumatica VAR implementation. Acumatica is a cloud-based ERP system that offers a wide range of features and can be customized to fit your business needs. You can learn more about Acumatica and its benefits at acupower.co.uk.