Getting Started: 5. Console Display

Hello, I am having trouble with getting the console to display in this chapter. It will display Hello World fine until I move the code from the .html file to the .js file.

Can you also include a screenshot of what’s in your index.js?

Of course, here it is.

In the Chrome dev tools, do you see index.js in the Sources tab and does it look like you expect?

I’m not sure. I thought I had gotten the right one: [Deprecated] Debugger for Chrome, but i’m not so confident now. I’m not sure where the Sources tab is so i’m not sure if I have installed the correct tool.

I mean the Sources tab in Chrome, not VS Code. In the upper-right of your screenshot you can see the Console tab. If you click the arrow to the right of that tab, you should be able to get to the other tabs.

The index.html file is not under the JS-BASCIS directory it is under the .vscode directory

I suggest you cut the index.html file from the .vscode directory and paste it under JS-BASICS directory.

once you do this your code will start working.

Okay, thank you for the help. I appreciate it. The .vscode folder is empty now, everything is under the JS-BASICS. Have a nice day!

Thank you for the help, things are working well now. Have a nice day!

1 Like