Error with placeholder prop in IssueStatusFilter

Hi,
I encountered this error for the placeholder prop even though I checked the documentation and the placeholder can still be used as a prop for Select - radix UI

I have the right version in package.json - “@radix-ui/themes”: “^1.1.2”
The error is : Type ‘{ placeholder: string; }’ is not assignable to type ‘IntrinsicAttributes & Omit<SelectTriggerProps, “ref”> & RefAttributes’.
Property ‘placeholder’ does not exist on type ‘IntrinsicAttributes & Omit<SelectTriggerProps, “ref”> & RefAttributes’.ts(2322)

Maybe somebody had this problem or knows what can I do about it :slight_smile:

Yes, I am experiencing the same issue with IssueStatusFilter.tsx and AssigneeSelect.tsx files. I remove the placeholder='Filter by status...' and it works. I tried upgrading @radix-ui/themes and found that version 2.0.3 is where the placeholder does not throw and error, but I then get a runtime error.

Error: A <Select.Item /> must have a value prop that is not an empty string. This is because the Select value can be set to an empty string to clear the selection and show the placeholder.

I comment out { label: 'All'}, in the IssueStatusFilter.tsx and the page will load. I am not able to filter on All items then.

Yes, I’m still working on this and will post a solution when I find it unless someone posts a solution before me.

After posting about versions in my reply, I reviewed the package.json in Mosh’s Github, LINK. My Next version was not 13.4.19 and was updated somehow. I copied the dependencies pasted them in my package.json file and did a npm i. Ran the code and it’s working.

Imagine that!? :thinking: