CSS not being applied

Hello all
I am working in the Issue Tracker NextJS course and I am having an issue with CSS. I had an issue with the “placeholder” prop not being recognized by RadixUI Select object. I found a post in here that helped me to get it to work, however, there are now side effects. It seems some of the CSS is not being applied although I did not change any CSS files. For example, my NavBar component is almost completely un-styled:

As you can see, the links are not being styled and the New Issue button has an underline

The New Issues Page and Edit Issues page are also being affected. The Edit Issue page is completely unstyled:

I made sure all my packages and dependencies are the same that are in the project. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Tailwind, but no luck at all. Again, the code and layout has not changed, it just seems the CSS files are not being imported or applied. These are the imports in the layout.tsx:

Functionally everything is working, just the styles. Can someone please point me in the right direction? CSS is my nemesis and I have spend too much time on this already. I am hoping it is something simple.

Thank you for any help
Jim