Docker-compose reading log files

My log at docker-compose presents a “failed to compile” message for the web_1 volume. Next line says
EACCES: permission denied, open ‘/app/node_modules/.cache/.eslintcache’
The container has one file in that folder
/app/node_modules/.cache $ ls
babel-loader
I don’t know where to go from here. How do we output a log file for later analysis and debug from it?

hey can you give me the zip file of docker-compose section ??

The docker-compose section?
This is the relevant part of the console log Souma. I really think it’s because I haven’t chown to my ownership. I just haven’t docker-compose up again. I’ll try that now. I’d put it aside to be honest.

api_1 | Connected to MongoDB: mongodb://db/vidly
web_1 | :information_source: 「wds」: Project is running at http://172.18.0.3/
web_1 | :information_source: 「wds」: webpack output is served from
web_1 | :information_source: 「wds」: Content not from webpack is served from /app/public
web_1 | :information_source: 「wds」: 404s will fallback to /
web_1 | Starting the development server…
web_1 |
web_1 | Failed to compile.
web_1 |
web_1 | EACCES: permission denied, open ‘/app/node_modules/.cache/.eslintcache’
db_1 | 2021-05-10T09:48:56.907+0000 I NETWORK [listener] connection

You have to change the user to node before npm start. Just write the USER node before CMD ["npm", "start"]

Hey @ubhub please download the zip file of docker-compose section you can get it under sample web application video please send that zip to my email (souma.hitech@gmail.com) as soon as posiable i cant able to download that project please help me

Ok. If that’s what you want.
I’ve added the line for USER to the backend/Dockerfile:
EXPOSE 3001

USER node

CMD [“npm”, “start”]
I’m getting the same message:
web_1 | EACCES: permission denied, open ‘/app/node_modules/.cache/.eslintcache’
I’ve forced build with docker-up --build.
Maybe I should prune all containers.
Anyway, I’ll get that zip file to you.

please remove all container and rebuild a new image and start a new container

Will do. Do you still want that zip file?

I don’t want this zip file please check the second last section that is the docker-compose section please download the zip file from 4 the video and send me as soon as possible my email address is souma.hitech@gmail.com

I want a zip file that is present on the docker-compose section of the tutorial please check that section is the second last section of the course please give me the zip file I cant able to download that project that is a simple web application

I think we can close this chat Souma. There’s a lot covered at the Docker: Permission error thread. I’m putting it aside for the time being.