Django Mysql Command Not Found Powershell VSCODE

Hi Everyone, I wanted to use Mysql with the powershell on VSCode, but when I ran the “MySQL -u root -p” command, it showed up like this:

I already added the MySQL path in Windows’ environment variable and still got the error…

But when I ran the “MySQL -u root -p” on CMD, it worked just fine…

Any idea how to solve this? Thank you

Even I’m facing this same issue. If you have figured out a way, kindly let me know in the comment section.

Have anyone got the solution for this issue? I’m facing the same issue. :frowning:

I think the solution is, to go back to python 3.9. As in MySql documentation MySQL :: MySQL Connector/Python Release Notes :: Changes in MySQL Connector/Python 8.0.27 (2021-10-19, General Availability), it is mentioned that python 3.10 is not supported, it is a known limitation.

If you have already added the MySQL path in Windows environment variable, please execute the command “mysql -u root -p” in Command prompt and see if it works there. If it’s prompting you to enter a password that would mean you have done the right thing.

Close visual studio- Restart it- open your storefront folder and you can try running the command in the terminal. It will work once you have restarted Visual studio :slight_smile: