After installing mysqlclient in vscode for django project , i tried to connect

mysql : The term ‘mysql’ is not recognized as the name of
a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,
verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• mysql -u root -p
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (mysql:Strin  
     g) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundEx

It must have already been resolved for you, but still dropping this comment so that someone else stuck on this won’t have to spend much time. :slight_smile:

-Check for the path of MySQL.exe by searching in file explorer. Copy the address- “C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin” (in my case)

-Please add this MySQL path to Windows environment variable by following the below steps-
Right click on My Computer/ This PC> Properties> Search for Advanced system settings> Advanced tab> Click on Environment variables. Under system variables> check for path> click on edit> you can click on new and add the path for MySQL(in Windows 10). It might be a little different in the other versions.

-Once you have added in the environment variable, please execute the command “mysql -u root -p” in Command prompt and see if it works there. If it’s prompting you to enter a password that would mean you have done the right thing.

-Close visual studio- Restart it- open your storefront folder and you can try running the command in the terminal. It will work once you have restarted Visual studio! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

yes, it worked for me , thanks for posting

Thank you @Surbhi that worked for me too!!! Really helped me! <3

@Surbhi - absolutely fantastic, thank you!

@Surbhi , BIG THANKS. I was stuck at the stage and your assistance proved helpful. Thanks again

thanks. Does anyone know how to solve this issue permanently? Every I have to do it manually :grinning: