What is javascript engine? Can you help me to understand how javascript engine works

What is javascript engine? Can you help me to understand how javascript engine works

Java script is a language, however like a real language it takes no meaning without a medium in which to be used. For example I can’t use English without either noise or writing those are ‘English engines’ for the words that were before in my head.

Code in VS code is like a thought, it needs a medium for people to use it. So a web browser is the most common JS engine because it takes the code and makes it into an app. Each browser has their own engine like monkey or v8 (v8 is well known for being the best browser engine developed by google for chrome)

To take it a step further their are game engines which of course run in a different way. Also there are things built on JS engines like Node which is built on V8 and c++ but it’s a runtime environment which can serve in a similar way but is different.

The main takeaway is that you have to have a engine for users to use your apps. If you want to make games it may take more research, however if your a web dev I wouldn’t worry about the nuisances except you need a browser to check if you app is working correctly and people will know they need to get on a browser to access it.

The JavaScript engine is simply a computer program that interprets JavaScript code . The engine is responsible for executing the code.

Browsers don’t know how to read javascript code, but with help of javascript engine, it can

read more: How Does JavaScript Work Behind the Scenes? JS Engine and Runtime Explained.