Terminal problem

Hello,

Very excited to join this community, it’s my first attempt trying to learn a programming language, and with your help and the courses, I hope to succeed :slight_smile:

I am facing a problem after watching video #5 “Your first Python Program”, in the video, the instructor open the terminal window with Ctrl + ` but once I do open the terminal, there is text in already. I am joining a link to a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Sorry, this is a very rookie question and my English grammar isn’t perfect yet.

I hope to hear from you guys soon, thank you!

1 Like

Hi, welcome to the forum and programming :slightly_smiling_face:
There is nothing to be worry about, the reason that there is already a text in your terminal is because it’s showing the directory your currently in which is the path of your project and you can run your project through this path or one way another :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!
I try typing app.py and press enter but then an error message occurs.

See if that helps

@C0d1ngN00b The command is python app.py.

1 Like

Ohhhh … it works, thank you very much :star_struck:

An other question, not worth creating a new thread:

In 1) getting started - lesson 8, formatting python code
The instructor go on the top tab, and select “Code” (at 3min and 24s), but I do not have the same version of Python and don’t have that option, how can I make it appear?

File/Preferences/Settings or shortcut Ctrl-,.

Hello A100D-JS!
I am new to Python. I am having similar issues with C0d1ngN00b and please see snapshot below.

I cannot seem to return values(Hello world) in terminal screen. Python is installed but please note that it was installed few weeks ago when I was using PyCharm
(I do not think it has any impact with this but just in case).
Any suggestion/recommendation is greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

Thank you for your reply A100D-JS. I greatly appreciated. I did type the command below in Terminal but nothing happens. Any additional suggestion/recommendation is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Is there any specific error or something ?

A100D-JS,
First of all, thank you for helping me out. I greatly appreciate it.
NO I am not getting any error message.

• I am still not getting any values in terminal when I type print (“Hello World”) app.py
  • I did type Python in Command Prompt and version 3.9.0 is installed.

Thank you again.

Is it possible that you may be in the wrong directory or path ?

Hi A100D-JS. I did check the path and is correct. Should I create a new path? I did that but it’s still returning me with directory from original snapshot but with different directory in terminal every me I type print (“Hello world”). Thank you again for your assistance and patience.

I don’t know, sorry.
I can’t help you unless there is an error or something to work on and i didn’t see mosh’s python course.

No worries. I am thinking about reinstalling completely. Again, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.