React 18 for beginners - playstation platform games not appearing

I can’t get playstation games to appear when I select “playstation” from the platform dropdown list. I know there are playstation games too from doing an API call in Postman. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks.

In the useGame.ts change the platforms to parent_platforms

1 Like

Thanks. Like this?

The same is happening to me. All platforms work, except that one, but I checked the network tab in inspect window and it is returning null with status OK 200. So I believe it’s a “problem” from the api side, not ours.

Response:

having the same issue

Actually, I think it’s our code. After all, I can pull down a list of playstation games in Postman. If I can do it there, I should be able to do it in react

Really? Hmm I just tried in my postman and the result is the same… No info at all.
Here’s a the request and response in postman.

Same with mine also. I am also experiencing the same issue

There’s definitely an issue with the platform filter. I reported it here: `platforms` query should be `parent_platforms` · Issue #2 · mosh-hamedani/react-course-part1 · GitHub

@Mosh can this possibly be corrected in the repos and maybe add a note to the course video to minimize confusion?

2 Likes

Try changing platforms= in that url to parent_platforms=

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this! I put a note in the course and will fix the issue in part 2.

4 Likes

Sir please give some discount In the react js course if possible, please Sir Mosh

Still have this issue. If someone could guide through how to correct this, that would be great

Can you please update the react native course? It is really and I mean really outdated. Thanks

in useGames.ts Change platforms to parent_platforms

useData<Game>(
    "/games",
    {
      params: {
        genres: gameQuery.genre?.id,
        parent_platforms: gameQuery.platform?.id,
        ordering: gameQuery.sortOrder,
        search: gameQuery.searchText,
      },
    },
    [gameQuery]
  )

Thanks mmzz, it seems to be working for me.