React Native Part 2 (Networking: Fetching Data)

1 Like

Is this part of section 3?

Thanks,

2 Likes

Yes network, my response.data is empty! and I have a strange message saying the await has no effect …!

1 Like

…and did you compare your file with the ending file of the download?

\Part 2\Section 3- Networking\End <–he provides this via his github :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you mate, yes but in this part, he already deleted it and replaced other modules, anyway, I think I will not dig more and follow your first suggestion by copying the code, thank you mate, appreciate your help

1 Like

It’s all good…
…We all did the same thing. We try to figure it out for hours (sometimes days). Then we copy the code and realize it was a freaking “;” or “)” or “}” or something like that.

At least each section is divided in the part 2 download which has a “start” before code changes and “end” after all the videos of that section “changes”.

Good luck!

2 Likes

unfortunately, “end” is the end of all video and files there is no version between, it would be much better, thank you again.

1 Like

let me know if you are able to download these files…
https://github.com/aarongraham518/forbenya

Aaron

1 Like

It’s the end of the Networking section 3

2 Likes

Thank you mate, appreciated really your help, my last issue was in the pictures, I couldn’t retrieve them even that I have all the object back! anyway, it’s another issue that I have to resolve before checking the details.

1 Like

Hello,
I found the route cause !
On the server-side: change the address to your development.json
Regards

1 Like

same problem :frowning: nothing from suggested solution is working for me

1 Like

any luck? same exact problem? can you provide screenshots of the relevant pages?

1 Like

I did this and it worked… listings are showing but images are not showing. I figured out it was pointing to a different IP address as seen in the image. How do I change the IP address for the image url?

1 Like

I’ve figured it out… Go to the backend window and update the new IP address.

config → development.json

Goodluck!

1 Like

Help me i cannot start the server. first part about setting up the back end.
I tried to run ‘node index.js’ but it says cannot found module/ express.

1 Like

I am getting this error please help

@SAM @sollazzo08 thanks a lot it works :+1:

1 Like

error4

I had the same exact issue! I was looking for hours! Until I found it… Ready for this one.

const getListings = () => { apiClient.get(endpoint); };

should be…

const getListings = () => apiClient.get(endpoint);

notice the difference?

There are brackets. I am not an expert but I believe if you are using the arrow function with brackets, then you are calling this function immediately, but if you don’t use the brackets then you are storing a reference to the property so it can be called later on.

I think!

1 Like